- Honing our skills in making gifts using talents we already have.
- Develop new talents as we learn to do different things to make gifts each year.
- Focus more on giving than receiving at Christmas. My kids worry about if the other person will like what they made more than did about what they bought. It is interesting to see the faces of both the receiver and the giver as the gifts are opened. The homemade gifts have more feeling behind them for everyone involved.
- Practice money saving tips on creating fabulous gifts on a budget.
- Get away from crowded stores during the Holidays, which in turn makes for a more peaceful life.
- Start early rather than shop at the last minute.
- Avoid "impulse" purchasing of gifts.
- Focus on our family rather than the holiday itself.
The important thing is to make it from the heart and to start early. Nothing is worse than running around trying to find supplies at the last minute. Plus, when you plan ahead it is easier to find deals on the supplies you need.
Over the next few posts, I'll show some of the things we've made in the past with details of how we made them. I can't show this year's masterpieces yet! You'll have to wait!