1. I bought a 10 lb. box of Poly-Fil at JoAnn Fabrics when it was on sale for $21. I wasn't sure if this was enough, and I was right. I had to go back and buy a small bag of Poly-Fil to finish the last cushion.
|Watch out when you open that puppy! It has a life of its own and wants OUT of the box.|
2. This couch is easier than some because the back cushions are removable and have zippered slip covers. I unzipped the cover and removed the inner pillow.
3. Using a seam ripper, I opened the seam enough to get my arm and a handful of poly-fil into the pillow.
|Inner pillow opened for stuffing|
4. Start stuffing! I decided I wanted the pillow pretty full, but not bulging. I didn't want to rip the inner pillows. When I was done stuffing, I closed back up the seam I ripped open.
|Fully stuffed inner pillow|
5. I continued with each cushion around my sectional couch. I ran into 2 pillows that were ripped up on the inside. I repaired the tears so the cushion would hold it's shape again. I guess that's why those pillows never sat up right.
|Really badly ripped pillow|
Ta Da! It only took me 3 hours to re-stuff this couch, which included repairing the ripped pillows pictured above.
|Finished Couch! Almost looks BRAND NEW!|